For exhibitors attending the St. Louis National Charity Horse Show, Saddlebred Week is filled with numerous exciting and prestigious events. St. Louis typically hosts five National Championship Events for American Saddlebred Pleasure Horses thanks to Saddle & Bridle magazine, and the beautiful Shatner Country Western Pleasure Championships culminating the week on Saturday night. For equitation enthusiasts, we are pleased to host the Saddle & Bridle Pleasure Medallion Finals and MHSA Junior Saddle Seat Equitation Medallion.
After being created by generations of selective breeding in the United States, the American Saddlebred has come to be known as “the horse America made.” These horses are known for their beauty, talent, spirit and versatility. Spectators will see horses ridden in Saddleseat, Huntseat and Western disciplines, and horses and Hackney ponies pulling carts and buggies. Horses will demonstrate varying gaits from big, strong trots to slow steady jogs. Others will showcase the smooth slow-gait and exhilarating rack. Horses and ponies are judged on manners, performance, conformation and quality, depending on each class. Saddle seat equitation, however, is judged on the rider’s abilities and presence. It is an open division.
Peter Fenton, Show Manager
Fran Crumpler, Simpsonville, KY
Tara Wentz Goosley, Orefield, PA
Renee Lavery, Shelbyville, KY
Saddlebred Entry Form
Livestream sponsored by Wrigley Media Group.
In a shopping mood? Check out the great items in our virtual auction here.
- Hilton Garden Inn – O’Fallon, MO (Offers special exhibitor rates)
- Holiday Inn Express – O’Fallon, MO (Offers special exhibitor rates)
- Residence Inn by Marriot – O’Fallon, MO (Offers special exhibitor rates)
- Staybridge Suites – O’Fallon, MO (Offers special exhibitor rates)
- Sleep Inn & Suites – O’Fallon, MO (Offers special exhibitor rates)
Other area hotels:
- America’s Best Value Inn – Lake St. Louis, MO
- Comfort Inn & Suites – O’Fallon, MO
- Economy Inn – Wentzville, MO
- Fairfield Inn and Suites – Wentzville, MO
- Hampton Inn – Wentzville, MO