A lovely flower to keep our equine buddies away from!

The Daffodils are announcing Spring’s arrival. Finally! However, did you know all parts, especially the bulbs of the Daffodil are toxic to horses? They are toxic both to the touch and when ingested.

If a horse comes in contact with the flower it can develop skin inflammation and irritation.

If ingested it can cause gastrointestinal upset. Symptoms include:
– Colic
– Diarrhea
– Excessive salivation
– Dehydration
– Low blood pressure
– Seizures
– Tremors
– Convulsions
– Abnormal heart rate
– Photosensitivity